Warning: Picture overload on the next few posts.
Richie was really sweet and planned a nice trip without the kids for our anniversary. He planned a cruise. It departed from San Juan, PR. It made 5 stops. We started off the trip by flying to Vegas and walked around there for a few hours, and then we would catch a flight to Miami then to San Juan. We got to San Juan and I was in heaven. It was 80 degrees and light showers it was perfect. We spent half the day walking around the two forts they have there. It was so cool. I took over a 100 pictures between the two. I was amazed that they are still there after how many years.
Castillo de San Cristeóbal
Getting ready to start our adventure.
This is a sky light.
There were some drawing of ships. I'm not sure what they mean.
Richie and I can now say the we have been in a real dungeon.
They have people that restore the forts.
| |
Castillo de San Felipe del Morro
This is the second fort we went to. It was down the road from the first one. I think they are 3 miles apart. This one is 400 years old.
These we passed walking to the entrance.
I thought that the crest was cool looking.
I loved that no matter what part we were at we had a pretty view and could hear the ocean.
The light house is the only new addition to the fort.
Saw these two iguanas.
They had so many stairs. Triangle, square, and circle.
This is the kitchen.
I like this picture for a couple of reasons. 1- when we were in this spot it wasn't green like in the picture, and 2- I like the two orbs that are in it.
I think that was one of the first walls that was built.
We walked up these.
The church area.
Love how green the grass is. That is the fort all the way in the back.
There was a cemetery between the two forts.
No comments:
Post a Comment