Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Newport Beach and Disneyland

At the end of September we went to the beach and Disneyland. We all had such a great time, and the time went by fast. I felt that this trip was more of a family trip, because Derrick could go on more rides. It was fun taking him on Splash Mtn., Cars Racers, and Tower of Terror. Derrick did a awesome job. He didn't cry, but he would cover his ears and lean into me or Richie. I think his favorite rides were the bumper bugs and the Heimlich choo-choo. He would get off it and run back to the entrance. And now to the pictures:

Newport Beach:
 the first day Derrick wouldn't go near the water, but by the second day he was going in. I think it's because he saw Conner, Meg, and all their cousins going in and having fun.



Derrick and Meg trying to surf was really funny to watch. Meg fell a lot and would get back up and try again. 



Disneyland:

Conner loves going on the Screamer ride.              

  I told the kids that we are going on Tower of Terror before they change it. Meg was so scared that she was shaking so bad that everyone could see. Derrick did great. 



Cars Land was really fun. Click the picture to see Derricks face. It's pretty funny. I have a lot more like it. They also had a new Luigi's car ride. The cars would dance. It was pretty fun. I enjoyed it.  




 Meg kept on asking to meet Minnie. I love her reaction when it was our turn to meet her.


The kids have started to get into Star Wars. So we meet Chewbacca. Which was pretty cool. I didn't realize that he was that tall. (I'm not a Star Wars fan, so I really don't know too much about it)

Another Star Wars character we got to meet was Kylo Ren. He was pretty scary. He sacred Derrick, so Richie took him out after the picture. That's why Derrick isn't in the one the Chewbacca.
Love the look on her face. 
I wasn't expecting him to come over. As you can tell by my face.

 The Disneyland Express wasn't running due to the  renovations for Star Wars land. They let you come up and look at the train. They even had a whistle for you to pull on. It was fun to do.


Derrick LOVES trains. He will make anything into a train. He wanted to look at my phone, so I let him. Next thing I know he edited the picture to black and white. 

 I was so excited to take Derrick on Splash Mtn. We took him on it twice. Not sure what he thought of it. Megan still has a hard time with it, but once the big drop is done she is fine.
 A Disneyland trip wouldn't be complete if we didn't ride the tea cups. I'm so glad that Megan is old enough now that she can go on alone when I don't feel like it.

A bugs land was Derricks favorite. He is still too short for me to get a picture of him driving.

Derricks favorite ride. 

There he goes running to get back on it.

 We were the only people in line, so they let Derrick and Meg sit by each other in the front. 


 Derrick watching Big Thunder Mtn. railroad ride. He could have stayed there all day.

Mickey's Halloween Party:
This year we did the Halloween party. It was a blast. I enjoyed going trick or treating. We got so much candy. 


It's a Small World all ready for Halloween. 

The Halloween parade was fun to watch. The Headless Horseman started it. 





Sleeping Beauty's Castle was pretty. 



CANDY!!!!!

The bag is full of candy. When we got home we weighed just the candy and we had 18 pounds. 







No comments: