Thursday, January 19, 2012

Poor Conner!

Today Conner had his tonsils and adenoids removed. We have been talking to him about it and he was fine with it, but on the drive to the surgery center he did not say anything. Richie and I could tell that he was getting nervous. He did a great job. He did have a hard time when he woke up. It took us awhile to get him to calm down. I thought that he would sleep off and on through out the day, but I was wrong. This kid is acting like nothing is wrong. He has been playing nonstop, and he even told us that he didn't want a nap. I hope that he sleeps tonight.

Conner after he woke up. He was not happy. Yes Richie is holding the jar with the tonsils. Conner would not touch it.
He didn't want to smile. After he got some medicine. He would look at books, and he would tell us that he wanted to go home. He even told us that he didn't want the doctor to put his tonsils back in. We told him that they are out for good.
 I did get one with him smiling. Now he gets to eat all sorts of yummy things. He is really excited about the otter pops. That is all he would ask for when he first woke up.
 Here he is showing off his band aid from the IV. They had to poke him 3 times before they found a good spot.
With a fake smile, but he is smiling. He has been doing a wonderful job. You can tell that he is tired. He is such a trooper.

2 comments:

CristaB said...

Such a brave little guy. This is my all time favorite picture of conner. His saddness makes laugh.... Is that mean? He is so funny, I guess it only makes sense to think your tonsils will be put back if they are taken out.

Nikki & Richie said...

I think it is funny and sad. He has been saying some funny stuff lately.