Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Megan's braces

A couple of months ago we took Megan to the foot Doctor. She walks on the inside of her feet. We found out that she has talipes calcaneovalgus. It is the opposite of clubbed foot. So she gets to wear braces at night for awhile. We are taking her back to be fitted for orthotics next week.

Her braces.


She tried to walk, but she kept on slipping. It was cute.


She didn't like them. She does really well. She will put up a small fight, but gives up quick. I was worried that she would take them off at night, but she has done well with leaving them on.

I like how she has her fingers crossed. She does that a lot
I wanted to get a better picture of her with them on. She is not happy because we took her Binky away. She loves that thing just about as much as she love Minnie.
(Pato: This picture is just for you. Notice the size of the calf?)
If you look closely can see that she has her tongue out. I'm happy that we are getting this taken care of now and not later. We want her to be able to play whatever sports she wants.

3 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweet girl and good sport! Isn't it great to live in Modern day where they can fix these kinds of things?

Nikki & Richie said...

I sure do. I don't know what I would do if we didn't have what we do today.

Pato said...

Richie had calf implants back in high school!! That's why they look so big, but they're all fluff!!!